Registration and Continental Breakfast at the Fairmont, San Jose
Welcome and Introduction – Dorman Followwill
Frost & Sullivan
OPENING REMARKS – Hiroaki Nakanishi
– Global Mega Trends & Technology Drivers for the Future Global Economy: Dorman Followwill
, Senior Partner, Frost & Sullivan
In this context-setting presentation, we take a whirlwind tour of the crucial Global Mega Trends and Technology Drivers that are the core drivers of the IoT and digital revolution transforming countries, businesses, cities, families and personal lives throughout the world. In our rapidly changing global economy, the greatest challenge facing business executives is how to best understand and leverage the core drivers of transformation and to stay ahead of change in order to succeed both professionally and personally.
- A framework of specific, data-driven Mega Trends and Technology Drivers at a global level, to understand what forces are transforming the future
- Insight into the latest IoT innovations and platforms within your business that sit within an overall Global context of Connectivity & Convergence, Smart Cities, Health Wellness and Well Being, and Mobility trends, and how these global trends and core technologies will drive a new wave of Social Innovation globally
- Best Practice Case Studies from around the world of companies unleashing innovative platforms, technologies, products and services targeted at countries, cities, businesses, families, and individuals to bridge from our world of 2016 to the world of 2025 and beyond
EXECUTIVE INSIGHT – Research & Development: Executing on the Vision Dr. Norihiro Suzuki, Vice President and Executive Officer, Chief Technology Officer, and General Manager of Research & Development Group, Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi’s vision is to provide innovative solutions to the various challenges faced by customers and society. The Research team at Hitachi includes over 2,600 professionals worldwide committed to delivering innovations that answer society’s challenges through three innovation models: customer-driven, technology-driven and vision-driven innovations. Dr. Suzuki will describe how through collaborative creation with customers, issues both apparent and non-intuitive are identified and addressed using Hitachi’s original NEXPERIENCE methodologies and tools, solution cores are developed based on leading technology enablers such as security, robotics, sensing and artificial intelligence, and how these solution cores are incorporated into the Lumada platform to ensure timely delivery of new innovative services for customers.
MOVER & SHAKER PRESENTATION AND DISCUSSION – Artificial Intelligence and IoT: Transforming Business:
Dr. Kazuo Yano, Corporate Chief Scientist, Research & Development Group, Hitachi, Ltd.
Although AI (Artificial Intelligence) technology, such as deep learning, has attracted much attention in the media, we have not heard the profiting story from AI. What is missing between the available technologies and the businesses outcome? We have developed post-deep-learning AI technology that directly drives business outcome, which has already been applied to 57 cases in 14 domains. This talk covers the real use cases in finance, industry, retail, logistics, transportation, etc. to prospect the changes we face in the future business.
Networking and Refreshment Break
ASK THE EXPERTS PANEL DISCUSSION
– Developing Robust Ecosystems for Collaborative Innovation and Co-Creation Featuring an Opening Presentation: Hitachi’s Lumada IoT Platform
Dr. George Saikalis
, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer – R&D, Hitachi America, Ltd.
Dr. Umeshwar Dayal
, Senior Vice President and Senior Fellow – Big Data Lab R&D, Hitachi America, Ltd.
, General Manager – Americas, Hitachi Insight Group
, Senior Vice President, IoT Products & Technologies, Hitachi Insight Group
, Global Vice President, Frost & Sullivan
, Vice President, Pentaho Labs, a Hitachi Group Company
Today, Hitachi IoT “robust ecosystem” is based on its unique Lumada platform. Lumada is Hitachi’s core platform that is designed to accelerate the creation, enhancement and deployment of data-driven IoT solutions. Foundational technologies in Lumada have already been proven in deployed solutions. At the heart of Lumada is Intelligent Software that provides data intelligence and artificial intelligence, which is essential for extracting information and value out of data from many sources, leading to recommendations and actions. Lumada is built on a solid foundation of the unique expertise and experience of Hitachi in both Operational Technology (OT) and Information Technology (IT). This expertise is packaged in Verified Blueprints in Lumada to enable faster IoT solution creation with less complexity, uncertainty and risk. Lumada is extensible across many industries and use cases, enabling broader deployment of IoT technologies and ensuring the agility and flexibility needed to future proof solutions.
- How to find the right innovation partner for IoT-driven digital solutions in today’s rapidly changing markets
- What is the Lumada Platform: a single platform targeting multiple solutions - Open, Adaptable, Verified and Secure
- Driving customer co-innovation for value creation
- Leveraging global IT X OT industrial expertise to drive IoT Innovation
Welcoming Remarks and Food For Thought Networking Luncheon
Ryuichi Otsuki, Chief Executive for the Americas, Hitachi, Ltd., Chief Executive Officer, Hitachi Data Systems
Industry experts will also host a menu of luncheon discussions on pertinent industry issues. Dine and dish with business leaders driving breakthrough innovation. The list of discussion topics will be available on-site.
Interactive sessions will be held to capture the power of all participants’ voices, insights and experiences via group discussion and exploration of the issue at hand.
Participants can choose one of the following:
1. Smart Cities (public safety, big city analytics, connected transportation)
, Vice President, Public Safety & Visualization Solutions, Hitachi Data Systems
, Senior Vice President Global Solutions & Innovation, Hitachi Consulting
, Partner, Frost & Sullivan
In this session we will discuss how Smart Cities -broadly defined as planned cities that incorporate information and communication technology to enhance quality, performance, and comprehensive management of urban services – will play a critical role in our collective sustainable future. By leveraging the power of IoT and advanced Big-Data solutions, these “next-generation” cities that coexist with the environment and improve quality of life for communities, creating a safer, more secure and resilient urban lifestyle.
The discussion topics will include IoT-enabled better transportation systems, new technology that can predict when and where crime can happen, visualization that can better connect urban systems to create superior urban infrastructure, and how to leverage sensor data from the Internet of Things, and other state-of-the-art technologies to help elevate our global society to meet the needs of the rapidly growing cities of the future.
- More to surveillance than meets the eye: the power of single platforms for public safety
- Building safer, smarter cities through integrated intelligence and visualization tools
- Developing better transportation systems through interconnected systems
- How one city is pioneering data exchange for citizens and businesses